On the territory of the town and commune of Brzeszcze there are many monumental and interesting objects being witnesses of the stormy history of this land. Very interesting is the wooden St. Martin church from 1692 in Jawiszowice. The main altar was made in about 1700 and the side altars come from the 19th century. Here is also the rococo style pulpit and stone font with a folk character, made surly in the 17th century. The church in Jawiszowice was included in the Wooden Architecture Route of the Małopolskie Province. Being in Brzeszcze worthy to see is also the neo baroque St. Urban church from the years 1874 – 1876 with a baroque main altar made in 1892 by the artist Kazimierz Chodziński from Kraków. In the main nave of the church there are two side altars more, brought from the St. Maria church in Kraków in 1892.
Worthy to see are also the wooden houses from the turn of the 19th and 20th century with the framework and pillar construction in the streets: Doły, Irysowa and Obozowa and the workers housing estates being established as a result of the of the infl ux of the people interested in the work in the coal mine: Stara Kolonia in the Górnicza Street, Nowa Kolonia in the Nowa Kolonia Street and Kolonia Ur zędnicza in the T. Kościuszko Street. On the territory of the whole commune there are also many monuments of the fight and mar t yrdom and numerous memorial t ables commemorating the victims of the Second World War.
In the period of the Nazi occupation in Brzeszcze were established concentration sub-camps KL Auschwitz – Birkenau. The local community with great devotion helped the prisoners, acted in the structures of the State Army, Peasant Battalions and the Folk Guard. The exceptional devotion of the inhabitants during the Nazi occupation was appreciated by the state administration. In 1964 the Main Board of the Polish Red Cross honored Brzeszcze with the golden badge with the state emblem “for the high humanitarian attitude of the community of the town of Brzeszcze by helping the prisoners of the concentration Nazi camps of Oświęcim and Brzezinka during the occupation”, and in 1967 Brzeszcze received the Grunwald Cross of III class “for the help brought by the inhabitants of Brzeszcze to the prisoners of the Oświęcim Nazi camp during the Second World War”. The devotion of the inhabitants of Brzeszcze was confirmed also by the edition of the Public Museum KL Auschwitz-Birkenau “People of good will. The book of the memory of the inhabitants of the Land of Oświęcim bringing the help to the prisoners of KL Auschwitz” edited by Dr. Henryk Świebocki, where we will fi nd about 200 names of the commune inhabitants. With the fi nancial support of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage in the frames of the operational program Cultural Heritage in the Municipal Park there was renewed the building complex of the sub – camp Jawischowitz. In order to keep the memory about these tragic times and to commemorate the martyrdom place for the next generations there is being provided among others the organization of the history lessons and meetings with the youth and with the former prisoners of this sub-camp in this spot. There is also planed the establishing of the cooperation with the State Museum KL Auschwitz – Birkenau in Oświęcim.